Curiosity & Compassion with Dov Baron – Episode 77
“Really going into purpose work, that takes courage. Leadership is courageous. Leadership – real leadership, authentic, purpose-focused leadership – is not for wimps. It takes courage. You will have to stand up. You will have to face the dragon.”
Dov Baron is the founder of Full Monty Leadership, the authentic speaker academy for leadership. With his number one podcast for Fortune 500 leaders, Dov Baron’s Leadership and Loyalty Tips for Executives, Dov has an extraordinarily broad network and reach. He is a best-selling author of several books, including his latest entitled, Fiercely Loyal: How High Performing Companies Develop and Retain Top Talent. Dov is a compassionate and revolutionary communicator and speaker who believes in purpose-driven authentic leadership.
In this episode, Aviv and Dov expound on the concepts of conscious and authentic leadership, mental and emotional hygiene, and fierce loyalty. Aviv and Dov explore the elements of enlightened leadership and the importance of leaders not only reflecting on strategies but taking action to implement these strategies. Dov shares his perspective on generational tendencies and the importance of vulnerability and intimacy as it pertains to leadership. Finally, Dov poses some thought-provoking experiments for the audience, including asking them to reflect on what they imagine will be said in their eulogy.
Essential Learning Points:
- [00:54] – Introducing today’s guest, Dov Baron
- [02:03] – The accomplishment Dov is most proud of
- [06:46] – Top trends that leaders must reflect on today
- [08:43] – What Dov has discovered about helping leaders in their personal growth journey
- [13:47] – Inquiries Dov poses to leaders to access their internal passions
- [19:29] – What leaders are struggling with the most currently, from Boomers to Millennials to Generation Z
- [26:04] – The important role that intimacy plays in leadership
- [30:51] – Authentic leadership and the maxims Dov utilizes in his work
- [38:08] – Dov defines mental and emotional hygiene
- [45:06] – What it means to be fiercely loyal and why it matters
- [47:30] – Dov’s social media presence
- [50:25] – Dov speaks to what motivates him and what he’s working on personally for himself currently
- [53:07] – Where Dov sees himself in ten years
- [54:17] – Two learning Dov values above all others
- [54:56] – Parting words of wisdom and insights from Dov
Enjoying the Show?
Please comment below.
Share the podcast using the social links below.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TODAY and leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes.