From Adventure Racing To Growth Mindset with Doug Gray – Episode 4
“We’ve always gone to the wilderness and sought perspective in the less familiar places.”
My guest in this episode is Doug Gray, the president of Action Learning associates, executive coach and the author of Passionate Action: 5 Steps to Extraordinary Success in Life and Work. Our dialogue reflects on how coaching changed and evolved into a new kind of art, and how having a suite of models to choose from is vitally important. You will learn how to apply a series of strategies to accelerate growth and unleash the power of exponential learning.
Here are some of the key points I discussed with Doug during this 63-minute podcast:
Essential Learning Points From This Episode
- Why you are better off investing in somebody who is very good as opposed to trying to move a poor performer to a mediocre level of performance.
- What is the important question every coach should be asking at the close of each call.
- What are the two types of mindsets people use and why Doug only works with the second group.
- The problem with the 40,000 people who identify themselves as coaches.
- How can lessons learned in a Quaker school help us in business and in life.
- Why psychological capital is infinite and what can you do with yours.
- How to be mindful and intentional about your conversations.
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below.
- Share the podcast using the social links below.
- Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TODAY and leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes.