Mindful Leadership with Dr. Eric Holsapple
“Mindfulness is basically focus – that I can focus on what I choose to focus on and not everything else. And focus is so powerful in business. Our ability to focus on what we want, to me, does create business results. So, I see it to be totally compatible with business.”
Dr. Eric J. Holsapple is a successful developer, author and entrepreneur who has used mindfulness to transform both his life and his business. He’s got a PhD in Economics and has been involved in the real estate industry for forty years. He guides clients on how to operate mindfully while improving business results. Eric is the Founder of Living in the Gap and today, he joins the show to discuss how mindfulness can transform business culture. His new book, Profit with Presence: The Twelve Pillars of Mindful Leadership , helps readers learn that bringing mindfulness to the workplace is an investment that pays out real dividends. Join Aviv and Eric as they engage in a meaningful discussion on Mindful Leading.
Essential Learning Points:
- [00:33] – Aviv introduces today’s guest, Dr. Eric Holsapple, who joins the show to share his passion for helping others and the importance of mindfulness and focus
- [04:33] – Three modes of being
- [06:53] – How Dr. Eric coaches the practices of focus and mindfulness
- [09:47] – Happiness and ‘Living in the Gap’
- [13:34] – Mindful Leadership
- [19:53] – The central idea behind Dr. Eric’s book Profit with Presence
- [22:15] – The role of purpose in the map of meaning
- [23:00] – Service, gratitude, and the precision effect
- [26:23] – How Dr. Eric organizes his priorities
- [29:04] – One thing Dr. Eric would change about his past experiences and advice he would give to his twenty-five year old self
- [30:18] – Two key learnings Dr. Eric values above all others
- [30:49] – Final thoughts from Dr. Eric
Enjoying the Show?
Please comment below.
Share the podcast using the social links below.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TODAY and leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes.