Roberta Matuson: The Talent Maximizer – Episode 87
“The first trend is that you have to actively seek out talent. Those days of positioning yourself as, ‘Oh, people would be so lucky if they got to work here’ are long gone. And so, you have to actively promote yourself as a leader and your brand as well as the employer brand and you have to actively attract people to your organization.”
Roberta Matuson is a global strategist, advisor, best-selling author and the president of Matuson Consulting, where she has helped leaders in Fortune 500 companies, including Best Buy, GM, and New Balance. Known as the Talent Maximizer, Roberta in an expert in helping her clients achieve dramatic growth and market leadership through the maximization of talent.
In this episode, Aviv and Roberta expound on her work in the field of talent management and retention. They dive deep into the elements that factor into a satisfying work environment, including having a great manager, autonomy and a sense of purpose. Finally, Roberta provides her thoughts on the incoming generation of workers and best practices for employers to prune their workforce.
Essential Learning Points:
- [01:44] – Roberta reflects on her background in talent evaluation as well as what she enjoys most about her work
- [05:24] – Roberta speaks to the biggest lesson from her best-selling book, Suddenly in Charge
- [07:13] – The top three trends in talent development today
- [08:46] – The decision to write the book, Evergreen Talent, and key messages and takeaways about talent
- [11:45] – What the best companies are doing to attract and retain top-talent
- [14:39] – Roberta shares her thoughts on how different generations are interacting together in the workforce and best practices for improved relationships
- [19:19] – Elements that factor into a satisfying work environment
- [22:26] – Strategies for pruning the workforce and critical mistakes that prevent companies from cultivating evergreen talent
- [27:08] – Critical competencies and skills that new workforce entrants must master
- [30:02] – Two learnings Roberta values above all others
- [31:45] – Parting words of wisdom from Roberta
Enjoying the Show?
Please comment below.
Share the podcast using the social links below.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TODAY and leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes.