Smile, Dare, Win with Rebecca Kehat – Episode 57
“Be aware and be intentional. These are the two most important things.”
Rebecca Kehat is an entrepreneur, strategic consultant, global marketing expert, public speaker and mentor for startups. She previously held senior management positions at Google, Bank Hapoalim and Procter & Gamble. Today, she is the CEO of Unicorp, a consulting firm specializing in innovation and offering platform monetization and global marketing and advertising strategies and solutions. In 2012, she was chosen by the prestigious Israeli business magazine, The Marker, as one of forty top Israeli talents under forty.
In this episode, Aviv and Rebecca discuss her career trajectory, from serving in the Israeli Army and working at Google, to the mentorship program she participates in today. Rebecca shares how she discovered her strengths and core competencies and how the term ‘Rebecca Power’ originated. She talks about the importance of balance in life and reveals her triangle theory of balance. Rebecca leaves the audience with two key pieces of advice that have helped her tremendously throughout her career. She urges them to be aware and intentional. Finally, Aviv stresses the importance of building transferable skills, being intentional about your career, and growing and expanding a network of trustworthy people.
Essential Learning Points:
- [01:02] – Introducing today’s guest, Rebecca Kehat
- [02:43] – Projects Rebecca is currently working on
- [04:43] – The mentorship and advisory program Rebecca participates in for social startups
- [06:35] – How Rebecca measures the impact of her accelerator program
- [09:45] – The importance of having a meaningful impact in your life
- [12:10] – How the ten entrepreneurs were chosen for Rebecca’s accelerator program
- [14:08] – Rebecca’s earliest formative memory
- [17:32] – How Rebecca’s transition to Israel shaped her as a person
- [20:51] – Rebecca discusses joining the Israeli Army
- [22:33] – How Rebecca discovered her strengths and core competencies
- [24:36] – Rebecca Power
- [26:38] – Rebecca’s strong analytical skills
- [27:52] – The incredible leadership benefits that the Army provided Rebecca
- [29:30] – Rebecca talks about getting her MBA in finance and marketing and working for Procter & Gamble
- [32:22] – The most important lessons Rebecca has learned throughout her career
- [35:38] – Rebecca’s transition to Google
- [38:15] – Rebecca talks about her experience working at Bank Hapoalim, the largest bank in Israel
- [44:46] – Lessons learned at Google
- [46:21] – The phenomenon of proximal power
- [49:12] – Rebecca reflects on her career and how the world has changed
- [52:31] – How Rebecca coaches and mentors other women in their journeys
- [53:52] – Rebecca’s triangle for balancing life
- [56:39] – Rebecca describes what it’s like living in Tel Aviv
- [1:00:01] – Rebecca’s vision for herself over the next five to ten years
- [1:01:38] – Parting words of wisdom from Rebecca
- [1:03:18] – Now it’s your turn, build transferable skills, be intentional about your career, and expand your circle of trust
Enjoying the Show?
Please comment below.
Share the podcast using the social links below.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TODAY and leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes.