The Anatomy of Flow
“I believe that living is an opportunity portal and that life is a gift. And that the exercise of living is being given a stage, a stage on which we can actualize the unmanifested.”
In this episode, Aviv discusses the anatomy of flow and bringing focus to the aerobic zone of productivity. Aviv views himself as a conduit of service. He recalls a recent conversation he had about his secret to productivity. The realization was that there is no secret. Productivity is a product of developing readiness and building a capacity to act. This occurs best in a state of creative flow.
Aviv breaks down three broad opportunity fields. Field A involves serving creative opportunities. Field B is centered on serving close family, friends, and others that Aviv cares about. Lastly, Field C focuses on serving others who do not fall under the category of Field B. These include clients and organizations that Aviv serves.
Aviv talks about the importance of seizing opportunity, finding new capabilities and creating innovative solutions. Finally, Aviv challenges listeners to identify their opportunity fields, discover their creative aerobic zone, and remove obstacles and resistance in order to enter the flow.
Essential Learning Points:
- [00:53] – Introducing today’s topic: The Anatomy of Flow
- [02:13] – Why Aviv views himself as a creative unit and a conduit of service
- [03:37] – The journey to building greater capacity
- [06:18] – Aviv’s belief that living is an opportunity portal
- [07:35] – Aerobic productivity
- [08:08] – The critical role of anaerobic work
- [09:29] – Being in the state of flow
- [10:21] – Aviv’s three broad opportunity fields
- [11:24] – The differences between Field B and Field C
- [12:45] – Behavioral modalities Aviv utilizes when he is called to serve
- [14:43] – Seizing the opportunity in the moment
- [16:38] – Now it’s your turn, identify your opportunity fields, discover your aerobic zone, and enter the flow
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below.
- Share the podcast using the social links below.
- Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TODAY and leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes.