The Integrity Challenge of Women Who Lead
“I do think women often find themselves, even in 2018, in the difficult and challenging circumstance of being subject to an obvious double standard.”
In this episode, I talk about and explain the five dimensions of integrity in response to a question put forward by a female manager concerned about maintaining her integrity in the face of others perceptions of her leadership style.
As you will learn, there are five dimensions of integrity from which you can choose to respond in any given situation. These five dimensions represent increasingly higher levels of integrity and versatility. Understanding these five dimensions will allow you to personalize your communication and responses situationally.
Essential Learning Points:
- [02:04] – The question put forward by a female manager concerned about maintaining her integrity in the face of others perceptions of her leadership style
- [04:50] – The first dimension of integrity: Say what you feel
- [05:02] – The second dimension of integrity: Your actions match your words
- [05:16] – The third dimension of integrity: Your actions match your potential to contribute
- [06:10] – The fourth dimension of integrity: Your actions match the need at hand
- [06:40] – An everyday example of the fourth dimension of integrity
- [07:13] – The fifth dimension of integrity: Act and live into purpose
- [09:25] – How the five dimensions build one on top of the other
- [13:14] – How I responded to the manager’s question
- [15:56] – Communication style
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below.
- Share the podcast using the social links below.
- Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TODAY and leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes.