As the global coronavirus pandemic continues to develop and evolve, its impact on our world cannot be overstated. Never before has an event completely altered the way our society operates. From economic and political paradigm shifts to the emergence of social distancing, the coronavirus had certainly made its mark. In this episode, Aviv expounds on the importance of leadership during crises and why our actions must not be controlled by fear, anxiety, or despair. Aviv poses thought-provoking questions for the audience to reflect on over the next few weeks and months. He urges us to make decisions and take actions unencumbered by fear. Finally, Aviv provides specific strategies for tackling fear head on.
Questions we focused on:
How do you stay positively balanced and focused during times of crisis?
How do you survive the crisis physically, mentally and spiritually?
What is the influence and power of collective energy and how do you harness it in a positive way?
The points we covered:
A. Identify the four vectors of the crisis:
1) The Corona virus
2) Global stock markets implosions (a viral influence by itself)
3) Panic triggered by #1 and by #2 (a viral influence by itself)
4) All secondary and tertiary consequences and side effects, in some cases more devastating than the first three vectors.
B. Apply a three-fold strategy to respond effectively and triage separately each of the four vectors, not as a panic-based aggregate:
1) What must do to take care of your health and well-being?
2) What must you do to deliver on your mission-critical commitments?
3) Pivot from defense to offense - how can this situation be an opportunity to create and accelerate a desired future?
C. Boost your immunity:
1) Focus on what you can control: your mental focus, what you take in, and your response.
2) Attend to routines and rituals that build clarity, energy and well-being.
3) Pivot from chaos to calm, confidence and coherence of thought.
4) Cultivate a community that generates individual and collective immunity.
Diane Helbig is an international business and leadership change agent, author, award-winning speaker and podcast host. As President of Seize This Day, Diane employs a straight-forward, non-nonsense approach to help businesses and organizations operate more constructively and profitably. In this episode, Aviv and Diane expound on the importance of curiosity and active listening, approaching conflict with a desire to be helpful, and believing in your own success.